The National Institute’s survey of smoking attitudes wrapped up on Friday afternoon. By the time we finished collecting data, a total of 334 respondents participated in the survey. We are in the process of slicing and dicing the data now and hop to publish the results report later this week. Here’s a quick look at the makeup of the participant pool.
- Participants who consider themselves Holland America cruisers: 91%.
- 70% of the survey respondents have an upcoming cruise scheduled on Holland America. 30% do not.
- 53% of the people who took the survey identified themselves as non-smokers.
- 26% said that they were former smokers.
- Smokers accounted for 21% of the survey participants.
- The smoking/non-smoking percentages track very well with the percentages reported by the CDC, the American Lung Association, and other organizations.